Welcome to Electric Barryland ... my little place on the web where I'll keep you posted on what's been going on from month to month.
Highlights for you:
I just got back from an AMAZING trip to New York City !!!
- Accompanied by Al, Danny and Sammy, we stayed in the heart of the city at The Renaissance Hotel on Broadway & Times Square.
- We spent a whole afternoon meeting with the great folks at the Gibson Guitar Company !!! I brought my 1958 Les Paul with me and played a few tunes for everyone. Many thanks to Shanon and Josh!!!
- On Monday night we headed down to the Iridium Jazz Club to hear the master of the electric guitar, Les Paul and his Trio (Nicki Parrott, Lou Pallo & John Colianni). After a few songs, Les invited me up to play. What an honor !!!
Click here for trip pics. Thanks to Stephanie Martin for doing a great job of editing the photos !!!
- We've been chosen by the Georgia Allman Brothers Band Association to headline this years GABBA FEST 2013 !!!
- I had a fantastic time touring the great country of Poland !!!
- Congratulations to my former student Zac Brown on your well deserved success ... I'm very proud of you !!!
Many thanks to The Allman Brothers Band for inviting me to play with them last Sunday night at the HiFi Buys Amphitheatre !!! I had a great time !!! If anyone out there took photos or video ... please contact me.
Click here to read an interview with Barry on AbstractLogix.com
Just got back from a five day recording session up in Hartford, CT with some awesome musicians !!! Click here for the story
Also, click here to check out our video clips
Wow ... what can I say ... the Les Paul Birthday Concert at Carnegie Hall was incredible !!! The all-star line up of performers included Steve Miller, Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Edgar Winter, Neal Schon, Steve Lukather, Pat Martino, Stanley Jordan, Derek Trucks, Kenny Wayne Shepherd ... backed by the rhythm section of Omar Hakim on drums and Will Lee (from the David Letterman Show) on bass !!! After the concert, we were invited to The Hit Factory for a special VIP party that Gibson Guitars held for Les and his guests. Before I knew it, I was on stage jamming with Gibson Chairman & CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, Stanley Jordan and some of New York's finest players. What a blast !!! Thanks to Shanon and Josh ... you guys sure know how to throw a party !!! We spent the next night with Les at The Iridium and then wound up sitting in at this great club in The Village called The Cutting Room. Click here for the pictures.
Many thanks to our photographer, Dean Hesse, for an outstanding job on the new Guitars & Shirts photos !!! Special thanks to Karen White for doing the mailing list and to Paul Kelly and David Wyatt for making the CDs !!!
Thanks for coming to the shows and showing your support !!! Not only does it make us play better ... it keeps the club owners happy. And when they're happy, they invite us back. Let's keep real music alive in Atlanta !!!
Hope to see y'all soon !!!
Bill, Joel, Jeff & Barry